Re: Open project from command line?

  • Sylvain Soliman
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2011

      I'm slightly off topic but...

      * GunsNRails <josegrad@...>:
      > Honestly when I go to vim cocoa and double click to select a text I'm
      > so amazed that it just does it immediately (as most other editors). I
      > got used to the slowness of macvim, but not enough.

      I must admit I almost never do that (i.e., selecting text by double
      clicking it), but after reading your mail I tried it (in MacVim) and I
      really don't see how it could be faster...

      Does this behavior depend on the size of the file? the filetype or the
      syntax? the plugins you have loaded? (e.g. do you have the same problem
      with mvim -u NONE? if you :syntax off? etc.)

      Sylvain

      --
      Sylvain Soliman <Sylvain.Soliman@...> GnuPG Public Key: 0x0F53AF99
      Page personnelle http://contraintes.inria.fr/~soliman/

    • Billy Huang
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2011
        The situation I had is some what similar when opening a PHP file with
        lot of classes for taglist, autocomplpop, huge list of dict file and
        xptemplate to process. So I would say it depends on how many things you
        need to process by your plugins in the file to determine the lag. But
        after a while, lets say around 10minutes, the lag is gone.

        Sent from my Windows Phone From: Sylvain Soliman
        Sent: Thursday, 10 November 2011 1:12
        To: vim_mac
        Subject: Re: Open project from command line?
        Hi,

        I'm slightly off topic but...

        * GunsNRails <josegrad@...>:
        > Honestly when I go to vim cocoa and double click to select a text I'm
        > so amazed that it just does it immediately (as most other editors). I
        > got used to the slowness of macvim, but not enough.

        I must admit I almost never do that (i.e., selecting text by double
        clicking it), but after reading your mail I tried it (in MacVim) and I
        really don't see how it could be faster...

        Does this behavior depend on the size of the file? the filetype or the
        syntax? the plugins you have loaded? (e.g. do you have the same problem
        with mvim -u NONE? if you :syntax off? etc.)

        Sylvain

        --
        Sylvain Soliman <Sylvain.Soliman@...> GnuPG Public Key: 0x0F53AF99
        Page personnelle http://contraintes.inria.fr/~soliman/

      • GunsNRails
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9, 2011
          Thanks for your comments.
          We'll in the beginning it was ok, something has changed lately. I
          haven't installed any new plugins.

          I do that quite offen to copy paste around between files or copy a
          whole line and it is very annoying lately.

          I've tried setting some options. But really, why would I need to read
          manuals about the options of the editor because it is slow.
          Again, it was ok when I started using it and now it is slow, so I am
          sure that for some people is working great as it was for me.

          If could learn how to open vim-cocoa from command line it would be
          great also (plus some other issue I posted about it as well...)

          Thanks.