Re: Open project from command line?

  • GunsNRails
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2011
      Hi, thanks Janusz.

      Yeah I did a search and tried different things including that. The
      only thing that caused a considerable improvement (in text selection,
      meaning double click to select something) was toggle Vi compatibility.
      But that screwed the way the whole app works.

      Honestly when I go to vim cocoa and double click to select a text I'm
      so amazed that it just does it immediately (as most other editors). I
      got used to the slowness of macvim, but not enough.

      Cheers.

      On Nov 9, 12:29 pm, Janusz Bossy <janusz.bo...@...> wrote:
      > On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 9:15 AM, GunsNRails <joseg...@...> wrote:
      > > I've been using macvim for a while. This one:http://code.google.com/p/macvim/
      > > But lately it has become sooo slow, specially text selection, that I
      > > can't stand it anymore.
      >
      > Hi,
      >
      > I have never used vim-cocoa, but have you tried switching to the
      > experimental renderer in MacVim? It's a lot faster but, according to
      > the description can cause display issues - I haven't seen any and I'm
      > using MacVim very often for coding and I have a lot of different
      > plugins installed. Maybe give it a try.
      >
      > Janusz

    • Sylvain Soliman
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2011

        I'm slightly off topic but...

        * GunsNRails <josegrad@...>:
        > Honestly when I go to vim cocoa and double click to select a text I'm
        > so amazed that it just does it immediately (as most other editors). I
        > got used to the slowness of macvim, but not enough.

        I must admit I almost never do that (i.e., selecting text by double
        clicking it), but after reading your mail I tried it (in MacVim) and I
        really don't see how it could be faster...

        Does this behavior depend on the size of the file? the filetype or the
        syntax? the plugins you have loaded? (e.g. do you have the same problem
        with mvim -u NONE? if you :syntax off? etc.)

        Sylvain

        --
        Sylvain Soliman <Sylvain.Soliman@...> GnuPG Public Key: 0x0F53AF99
        Page personnelle http://contraintes.inria.fr/~soliman/

      • Billy Huang
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9, 2011
          The situation I had is some what similar when opening a PHP file with
          lot of classes for taglist, autocomplpop, huge list of dict file and
          xptemplate to process. So I would say it depends on how many things you
          need to process by your plugins in the file to determine the lag. But
          after a while, lets say around 10minutes, the lag is gone.

          Sent from my Windows Phone From: Sylvain Soliman
          Sent: Thursday, 10 November 2011 1:12
          To: vim_mac
          Subject: Re: Open project from command line?
          Hi,

          I'm slightly off topic but...

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 9, 2011
            Thanks for your comments.
            We'll in the beginning it was ok, something has changed lately. I
            haven't installed any new plugins.

            I do that quite offen to copy paste around between files or copy a
            whole line and it is very annoying lately.

            I've tried setting some options. But really, why would I need to read
            manuals about the options of the editor because it is slow.
            Again, it was ok when I started using it and now it is slow, so I am
            sure that for some people is working great as it was for me.

            If could learn how to open vim-cocoa from command line it would be
            great also (plus some other issue I posted about it as well...)

            Thanks.