How to open several projects with vim-cocoa?

  • GunsNRails
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2011
      Hi, I open folders work on several files.

      I used before macvim and installed nerdtree to get the folder contents
      in the left pane. When I start vim-cocoa it comes comes with the same
      left pane (not sure if because I used it with macvim...)

      Anyway I can't find a way to have several projects open. Not
      possible??

      Thanks.

    • GunsNRails
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 23, 2011
        No one uses vim-cocoa?

        Cheers.

        On Nov 9, 11:18 am, GunsNRails <joseg...@...> wrote:
        > Hi, I open folders work on several files.
        >
        > I used before macvim and installed nerdtree to get the folder contents
        > in the left pane. When I start vim-cocoa it comes comes with the same
        > left pane (not sure if because I used it with macvim...)
        >
        > Anyway I can't find a way to have several projects open. Not
        > possible??
        >
        > Thanks.

      • David Henderson
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 23, 2011
          On 23 Nov 2011, at 12:24, GunsNRails wrote:

          > No one uses vim-cocoa?

          Probably, not as many as use MacVim.

          > On Nov 9, 11:18 am, GunsNRails <joseg...@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> I used before macvim and installed nerdtree to get the folder contents
          >> in the left pane. When I start vim-cocoa it comes comes with the same
          >> left pane (not sure if because I used it with macvim…)

          MacVim and vim-cocoa and OS installed command line and any other vim you install will by default use the same ~/.(g)vimrc and ~/.vim/, so anything installed in the default paths unless uninstalled will try to work in any version of vim used.

          >> Anyway I can't find a way to have several projects open. Not
          >> possible??

          Sorry, can’t help with this.

          David P Henderson
          c: xxx.xxx.xxxx
          --
          "Premature optimization is the root of all evil."
          -- C. A. R. "Tony" Hoare

        • GunsNRails
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 24, 2011
            Thanks for the clarification.
            If there would be a way to have several vim-cocoa windows it would be
            great. No luck so far.

            Cheers.