Re: $PATH

  • Giovanni Lanzani
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2011
      Well, the good thing about environment.plist is that is used by many other things, so you don't need to set the PATH for every program you use.

      Example: I have a python scripts with some libraries in an unusual location. The script is executed by launchd. How can I tell launchd where the libraries are? With a PYTHONPATH key in environment.plist

      Second example: I use a custom script for Marked (http://markedapp.com), and the script uses jekyll which is in /usr/local/bin. How do I tell Marked? With the PATH key in environment.plist

      Third example: I want the github application to use my version of git, instead of the one in /usr/bin. How do I do that? You guessed right, with environment.plist.

      I mean, it's a precious resource, especially for you, without admin privileges.

    • Caleb Eggensperger
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2011
        Thanks, Peter and Giovanni. I'll keep that in mind.