Re: Does a MacVim.framework exist? Can one be made?

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2011
      On 2 November 2011 16:28, ash.gti wrote:
      > MacVim enthusiasts,
      >
      > I have been looking into why Eclim won't work on OS X and was trying
      > to come up with a potential solution. I know the way Eclim works on
      > Windows and with gvim is to return an id to the process that gvim is
      > running in for reparenting purposes and currently MacVim does not have
      > an equivalent (that I can find). I dug around a bit more and also
      > found that Eclipse uses the Webkit.framework to do html render. Which
      > has led me to wonder, could it be possible to expose a
      > MacVim.framework that let you create a new GUI component akin to
      > WebView in the WebKit.framework.
      >
      > I haven't really looked into the MacVim source code yet to see if this
      > is even possible, I figured I'd ask first then maybe try to hack
      > something together if it seems reasonable.

      I think this has been asked before -- I can't remember quite what was
      said in that thread, you may want to search for it.

      Briefly, while it would be possible to rip out certain parts of the
      source code to create a custom view to be used in other apps I believe
      this would be difficult. I have been wanting to write a "Vim view"
      framework for a while now but have yet to find the time for this (it
      would require a lot of work). Hopefully I'll get around to this some
      time...and the more people who want it, the more motivation I have to
      get started. ;-)