"Use Selection for Find" does not import from other apps.

  • Dan Rogers
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2011
      I am unable to import the search string from another application to
      MacVim using the Command+E shortcut (aka the "Use Selection for Find"
      menu command). Is there a way to enable this between other apps +
      MacVim?

      For example:
      1) In Chrome, highlight text and use Command+E.
      2) Switch to MacVim, the search string is still unchanged.

      This is using snapshot 62 on OS 10.6.8.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 25, 2011
        On 24 October 2011 22:45, Dan Rogers wrote:
        > I am unable to import the search string from another application to
        > MacVim using the Command+E shortcut (aka the "Use Selection for Find"
        > menu command). Is there a way to enable this between other apps +
        > MacVim?
        >
        > For example:
        > 1) In Chrome, highlight text and use Command+E.
        > 2) Switch to MacVim, the search string is still unchanged.
        >
        > This is using snapshot 62 on OS 10.6.8.

        It works fine for me, select word and press Cmd+e in Chrome, switch to
        MacVim, press Cmd+g -- the result is that MacVim searches for the word
        that was selected in Chrome.

        Note that Cmd+g and "n" in MacVim are not the same, see ":h macvim-find".

      • Dan Rogers
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 26, 2011
          You're right, I was remapping it to "n".

          Thanks.