Re: Syntax highlighting does not work in MacVim

  • Tim Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2011
      * Peter Palmreuther <pitpalme@...> [111020 22:29]:
      > Hi,
      Thanks for the response.

      > Can you elaborate on "not working, except for a few keywords"?
      > What type of syntax highlighting do you expect, what's presented instead?
      Not all keyword groups are being highlighted. Example, I have a
      macro which expands to
      :echo synIDattr(synID(line("."), col("."), 1), "name")<CR><Space>
      and only keywords defined in ~/.vim/after are highlighted and those
      that I expect to be highlighted are not shown as belonging to
      a highlight group.
      > Does it change if you manually select the syntax to use?
      No.
      > What's in your rc files?
      :) Now that's a lot to cover! To make it short I am using the same
      local rc files and .vim directory that I use in linux.
      But it has become moot.
      ----------------------

      This is happening _only_ when I open a set of files defined in a
      session file imported from linux. There are numerous error
      messages most to do with non-existant paths and fonts. This is
      just a side effect of the errors, I would guess, because when I
      open a file from :e or from the menu, highlighting is all good.

      > > On a related note, is it possible to start MacVim in debug mode from
      > > the command line?

      > In Terminal.app execute
      > "/Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -f -g -D" or
      > "/Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -f -g -V" (assuming
      > you've put MacVim into default application folder).

      Oh this is very handy. Thanks. I need that.

      Other questions will follow, no doubt.
      cheers
      --
      Tim