RE: Best way to setup C++ for autocompletion in MacVim?

  • Billy Huang
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18 7:14 PM
      Easiest option Google eclim
      A vim build with eclipse like functions. Otherwise start looking for
      plugins such as omni complete, autocomplpop, snipmate or xptemplate(I
      use xpt, its much more powerful but takes a bit time to learn and
      setup), ctags, use vimrc to load dict files of your c++

      Yup to setup vim to your personal taste will take you a couple of weeks
      than fine tune it as you work. You will stick with it and never want to
      touch a non vim editor anymore after you build your ultimate editor.
      But if you dont have the time than advice you not to play with it.

      Sent from my Windows Phone From: Richard Catlin
      Sent: Wednesday, 19 October 2011 11:59
      To: vim_mac
      Subject: Best way to setup C++ for autocompletion in MacVim?
      I am new to MacVim and Vim in general. I have always programmed in
      Thicker IDE, such a Eclipse and SlickEdit. These editors
      automatically setup autocompletion for C++. What is the best way to
      do this in MacVim? I am on Snow Leopard.