Best way to setup C++ for autocompletion in MacVim?

  • Richard Catlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2011
      I am new to MacVim and Vim in general. I have always programmed in
      Thicker IDE, such a Eclipse and SlickEdit. These editors
      automatically setup autocompletion for C++. What is the best way to
      do this in MacVim? I am on Snow Leopard.

    • Billy Huang
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 18, 2011
        Easiest option Google eclim
        A vim build with eclipse like functions. Otherwise start looking for
        plugins such as omni complete, autocomplpop, snipmate or xptemplate(I
        use xpt, its much more powerful but takes a bit time to learn and
        setup), ctags, use vimrc to load dict files of your c++

        Yup to setup vim to your personal taste will take you a couple of weeks
        than fine tune it as you work. You will stick with it and never want to
        touch a non vim editor anymore after you build your ultimate editor.
        But if you dont have the time than advice you not to play with it.

        Sent from my Windows Phone From: Richard Catlin