Re: Linking in python

  • David Sanson
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2011
      As Tim says, I think the official MacVim precompiled versions include python support.

      Did you install from MacPorts? I only ask because of the

      fall-back for $VIM: "/opt/local/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim"

      If you are using MacPorts, you might look at the portfile. It appears to define a variant that enables python.

      I have had no trouble building MacVim (with python support) using the homebrew package manager [1]. To build from the latest snapshot:

          brew install macvim

      or, to build from the most recent commit:

          brew install --HEAD macvim

      David

      [1]: http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/

    • Tim Johnson
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2011
        * David Sanson <dsanson@...> [111007 07:10]:
        > As Tim says, I think the official MacVim precompiled versions include python
        > support.
        >
        > Did you install from MacPorts? I only ask because of the
        >
        > > fall-back for $VIM: "/opt/local/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim"

        > If you are using MacPorts, you might look at the portfile. It appears to
        Yes, I did use MacPorts.
        > define a variant that enables python.

        variant? duh! Then is there a command-line option to include a
        variant? Let me know, but I sure I can find out.

        thanks folks

        --
        Tim
        http://www.akwebsoft.com