Re: Text Shadows

  • Jason Moiron
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2011
      On Sep 12, 1:45 pm, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
      > On 11 September 2011 22:23, Jason Moiron wrote:
      >
      > > I've updated the patch to have a better darkening algorithm based on
      > > hsv color coordinates.  I'd still appreciate if anyone has any
      > > pointers on how to achieve this effect in MacVim.
      >
      > I think what you are trying to achieve will be much easier if you
      > enable the experimental renderer (in the advanced preferences) and
      > then patch MMCoreTextView instead of trying to patch MMTextView.
      >
      > Note that I am not really interested in adding text shadow support so
      > even if you do get around to writing this patch it is very unlikely
      > that I will ever merge it with mainline.  Sorry.
      >
      > Björn

      Thank's very much Björn! Without your pointers, I was lost!

      Since this is for my own personal use, the patch is extremely rough
      and simply enables the drawing of these faux text shadows everywhere
      in exactly the same manner of the linux patch I've linked above. If
      anyone else is interested, it can be viewed here:

      https://github.com/jmoiron/macvim/commit/3f609d05ff517d3988f1a0774c6afefd8ba9521b

      -- Jason