Re: Problem building MacVim when default perl is 5.14.1

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2011
      2011/9/8 Nikola Knežević:

      > However, I found that if I call site_lib version of xsubpp, everything is ok. site_lib version is at:
      > /usr/local/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.14.1/lib/site_perl/5.14.1/ExtUtils/xsubpp
      >
      > This patch solves my problem, and also reverts to using PERLLIB if PERLSITELIB/ExtUtils/xsubpp doesn't exist. If you find any value in it, let me know.

      Thanks for the patch.

      So, if I build against the default Perl version this patch has no
      effect? If it doesn't have any negative side effects for people
      without a custom Perl, then I don't mind merging it.

    • Nikola Knežević
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20, 2011
        On 12 Sep 2011, at 19:39 , björn wrote:

        > 2011/9/8 Nikola Knežević:
        >>
        >> However, I found that if I call site_lib version of xsubpp, everything is ok. site_lib version is at:
        >> /usr/local/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.14.1/lib/site_perl/5.14.1/ExtUtils/xsubpp
        >>
        >> This patch solves my problem, and also reverts to using PERLLIB if PERLSITELIB/ExtUtils/xsubpp doesn't exist. If you find any value in it, let me know.
        >
        > Thanks for the patch.
        >
        > So, if I build against the default Perl version this patch has no
        > effect? If it doesn't have any negative side effects for people
        > without a custom Perl, then I don't mind merging it.

        Sorry, I was away...

        Yes, if you build it against the default version of the patch, MacVim should work as it worked so far.

        Best,
        Nikola