Re: Text Shadows

  • Jason Moiron
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 11, 2011
      I've updated the patch to have a better darkening algorithm based on
      hsv color coordinates. I'd still appreciate if anyone has any
      pointers on how to achieve this effect in MacVim.

      Thanks!

      -- Jason

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 12, 2011
        On 11 September 2011 22:23, Jason Moiron wrote:
        > I've updated the patch to have a better darkening algorithm based on
        > hsv color coordinates.  I'd still appreciate if anyone has any
        > pointers on how to achieve this effect in MacVim.

        I think what you are trying to achieve will be much easier if you
        enable the experimental renderer (in the advanced preferences) and
        then patch MMCoreTextView instead of trying to patch MMTextView.

        Note that I am not really interested in adding text shadow support so
        even if you do get around to writing this patch it is very unlikely
        that I will ever merge it with mainline. Sorry.

      • Jason Moiron
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 12, 2011
          On Sep 12, 1:45 pm, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
          > On 11 September 2011 22:23, Jason Moiron wrote:
          >
          > > I've updated the patch to have a better darkening algorithm based on
          > > hsv color coordinates.  I'd still appreciate if anyone has any
          > > pointers on how to achieve this effect in MacVim.
          >
          > I think what you are trying to achieve will be much easier if you
          > enable the experimental renderer (in the advanced preferences) and
          > then patch MMCoreTextView instead of trying to patch MMTextView.
          >
          > Note that I am not really interested in adding text shadow support so
          > even if you do get around to writing this patch it is very unlikely
          > that I will ever merge it with mainline.  Sorry.
          >
          > Björn

          Thank's very much Björn! Without your pointers, I was lost!

          Since this is for my own personal use, the patch is extremely rough
          and simply enables the drawing of these faux text shadows everywhere
          in exactly the same manner of the linux patch I've linked above. If
          anyone else is interested, it can be viewed here:

          https://github.com/jmoiron/macvim/commit/3f609d05ff517d3988f1a0774c6afefd8ba9521b

          -- Jason