Re: How can I select multiple lines that are not in a continuous chunk?

  • Kyle Lippincott
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4 10:02 PM
      This isn't possible as far as I know.  What do you want to do with the selected area, it may be possible to do it a different way..

      On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Kay Z <no.deep.sea@...> wrote:
      Hello,
      I am trying to select multiple lines that are not in a continuous chunk. E.g., I want to select line 1 and 3 simultaneously without selecting line 2:

      this is line 1
      this is line 2
      this is line 3

      Initially I thought this would be a trivia task, but after spending quite some time googling around to no avail, I realized this might not be a simple/common task.

      Many thanks in advance for your help.

      Best regards,
      -Kay Z

    • Kay Z
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4 10:54 PM
        Thanks Kyle, I was trying to align a chunk of code using Tabularize plugin:

        1. name1="Woof"
        2. lucky_dog = lucky( "dog_one"= name1,
        3.                    "dog_two"= name1 )
        4. name2="Howl"

        I wanted it to align like this:

        1. name1       = "Woof"
        2. lucky_dog = lucky( "dog_one"= name1,
        3.                                    "dog_two"= name1 )
        4. name2       = "Howl"

        But I cannot do so because Tabularize will take third line into consideration, and align everything into:

        1.name1                          = "Woof"
        2.lucky_dog                    = lucky( "dog_one"= name1,
        3.                   "dog_two" = name1 )
        4.name2                          = "Howl"

        I believe I could think of some regex trick to archive the desired results, it just occurred to me at first that maybe I could simply select line 1,2,4 and make those align.

        Then I realized this is not a easy task, and hence the question.