How can I select multiple lines that are not in a continuous chunk?

  • Kay Z
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2011
      Hello,
      I am trying to select multiple lines that are not in a continuous chunk. E.g., I want to select line 1 and 3 simultaneously without selecting line 2:

      this is line 1
      this is line 2
      this is line 3

      Initially I thought this would be a trivia task, but after spending quite some time googling around to no avail, I realized this might not be a simple/common task.

      Many thanks in advance for your help.

      Best regards,
      -Kay Z

    • K Z

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2011
            Thanks Kyle, I was trying to align a chunk of code using Tabularize plugin:

            1. name1="Woof"
            2. lucky_dog = lucky( "dog_one"= name1,
            3.                    "dog_two"= name1 )
            4. name2="Howl"

            I wanted it to align like this:

            1. name1       = "Woof"
            2. lucky_dog = lucky( "dog_one"= name1,
            3.                                    "dog_two"= name1 )
            4. name2       = "Howl"

            But I cannot do so because Tabularize will take third line into consideration, and align everything into:

            1.name1                          = "Woof"
            2.lucky_dog                    = lucky( "dog_one"= name1,
            3.                   "dog_two" = name1 )
            4.name2                          = "Howl"

            I believe I could think of some regex trick to archive the desired results, it just occurred to me at first that maybe I could simply select line 1,2,4 and make those align.

            Then I realized this is not a easy task, and hence the question.