Re: replace

  • Kyle Lippincott
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2011
      Doh. I forgot that -i takes an argument.  Does sed -i -e 's/sistema./www./' ~cliffoliveira/workspace/canto/* work?

      I keep responding from my iPhone, so I can't really check if the command I'm giving has the correct syntax. :(

      On Sep 1, 2011, at 3:23, Cliff Oliveira <oliveira.cliff@...> wrote:

      I tried the tip but sent it returned following error:

      :!sed -i 's/sistema./www./' ~/workspace/canto/*
      [No write since last change]
      sed: 1: "/Users/cliffoliveira/wo ...": command c expects \ followed by text

      I tried to put \ at the end but did not work

      2011/8/31 Kyle Lippincott <spectral@...>
      This only does all of the files in one directory, is that what you intended?  If so:
      :!sed -i 's/sistema./replacement/' ~/workspace/canto/*
      should work.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sed is the wikipedia page for sed, and there are many many tutorials out there on how to use it :)

      On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Cliff Oliveira <oliveira.cliff@...> wrote:
      I managed to locate the files using:! grep but how to replace the word being searched?

      I used

      :!grep sistema. ~/workspace/canto/*

      2011/8/31 David Patrick Henderson <dp.chaoswerks@...>

      On 31 Aug 2011, at 07:04, Cliff Oliveira wrote:

      I would like to find and replace at once a word within multiple directories from a project, MacVim offers this possibility?

      See help for vimgrep, args, and argsdo

      David P Henderson
      --
      "Beautiful bodies and beautiful personalities rarely go together."
          -- Carl Jung

       Cliff Oliveira
      www.tribodeideias.com.br

       Cliff Oliveira