Re: Lion-style Vanishing Scrollbars for MacVim?

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
      On 1 September 2011 13:13, Dominik Gehl wrote:
      > Le 2011-09-01 à 6:56, Bob a écrit :
      >
      > Are there any plans to put the Lion-style vanishing scrollbars on MacVim?
      >
      > +1 Agree, would be a nice to have !

      I do want to add the Lion-style scrollbars, but it seems to involve
      quite a bit of work unless you use the NSScrollView class. Since
      Vim's scrollbars are not compatible with NSScrollView (it only
      supports one scroller, whereas Vim can have many) I have to use the
      NSScroller class directly. Unfortunately with NSScroller it seems you
      have to do all drawing etc. manually, which is a pain.

      If anybody has any tips / examples on how to do the Lion-style
      scrollers without NSScrollView please let me know.

    • John Krueger
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2012
        On Thursday, September 1, 2011 5:26:41 AM UTC-6, björn wrote:
        > On 1 September 2011 13:13, Dominik Gehl wrote:
        > > Le 2011-09-01 à 6:56, Bob a écrit :
        > >
        > > Are there any plans to put the Lion-style vanishing scrollbars on MacVim?
        > >
        > > +1 Agree, would be a nice to have !
        >
        > I do want to add the Lion-style scrollbars, but it seems to involve
        > quite a bit of work unless you use the NSScrollView class. Since
        > Vim's scrollbars are not compatible with NSScrollView (it only
        > supports one scroller, whereas Vim can have many) I have to use the
        > NSScroller class directly. Unfortunately with NSScroller it seems you
        > have to do all drawing etc. manually, which is a pain.
        >
        > If anybody has any tips / examples on how to do the Lion-style
        > scrollers without NSScrollView please let me know.
        >
        > Björn

        I don't know If this is helpful, but I found this article:

        http://rants.tempura.org/2012/01/22/hacking-scrollbars.html

        Admittedly I know very little about what really needs to happen here, but I saw this.

        John