Lion-style Vanishing Scrollbars for MacVim?

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
      Are there any plans to put the Lion-style vanishing scrollbars on MacVim?

    • Dominik Gehl
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
        +1 Agree, would be a nice to have !

        Dominik

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
          On 1 September 2011 13:13, Dominik Gehl wrote:
          > Le 2011-09-01 à 6:56, Bob a écrit :
          >
          > Are there any plans to put the Lion-style vanishing scrollbars on MacVim?
          >
          > +1 Agree, would be a nice to have !

          I do want to add the Lion-style scrollbars, but it seems to involve
          quite a bit of work unless you use the NSScrollView class. Since
          Vim's scrollbars are not compatible with NSScrollView (it only
          supports one scroller, whereas Vim can have many) I have to use the
          NSScroller class directly. Unfortunately with NSScroller it seems you
          have to do all drawing etc. manually, which is a pain.

          If anybody has any tips / examples on how to do the Lion-style
          scrollers without NSScrollView please let me know.

        • John Krueger
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2012
            On Thursday, September 1, 2011 5:26:41 AM UTC-6, björn wrote:
            > On 1 September 2011 13:13, Dominik Gehl wrote:
            > > Le 2011-09-01 à 6:56, Bob a écrit :
            > >
            > > Are there any plans to put the Lion-style vanishing scrollbars on MacVim?
            > >
            > > +1 Agree, would be a nice to have !
            >
            > I do want to add the Lion-style scrollbars, but it seems to involve
            > quite a bit of work unless you use the NSScrollView class. Since
            > Vim's scrollbars are not compatible with NSScrollView (it only
            > supports one scroller, whereas Vim can have many) I have to use the
            > NSScroller class directly. Unfortunately with NSScroller it seems you
            > have to do all drawing etc. manually, which is a pain.
            >
            > If anybody has any tips / examples on how to do the Lion-style
            > scrollers without NSScrollView please let me know.
            >
            > Björn

            I don't know If this is helpful, but I found this article:

            http://rants.tempura.org/2012/01/22/hacking-scrollbars.html

            Admittedly I know very little about what really needs to happen here, but I saw this.

            John