Re: Is it possible to start MacVim without GUI, but as server?

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2011
      On 20 August 2011 12:15, fahne wrote:

      > I've started MacVim like this: `mvim -v --servername SERVER
      > some_file`. But after this when I call `mvim --serverlist` the server
      > won't show and I can't open Files like this: `mvim --servername SERVER
      > --remote some_other_file`. Is this a Bug, or is this feature  not
      > implemented/possible?

      The client/server feature uses the GUI to provide server lists, and
      you also need to start the GUI to become a server. A non-GUI Vim can
      only be a client. See ":h macvim-clientserver".

      It would certainly be _possible_ to implement this differently, but
      its not something I'm particularly interested in doing so this will
      only happen if somebody else sends me a patch (it won't be trivial to
      implement).