thin grey bar at top of window in lion fullscreen on MacVim?

  • David Sanson
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 17, 2011
      Apologies if this has already been discussed. I couldn't find any mention of it, but I've only just started following this list.

      In Lion in fullscreen mode in MacVim, I seem to always have a thin grey line along the top of the window. It is only noticeable in dark themes. Here is a screen shot: http://i.min.us/iekfBK7t5.png

      Is it supposed to be there? Is there a way to remove it, or change its color?

      (And yes, I am aware that asking this question suggests I have OCD :-)

      Best,
      David

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 17, 2011
        On 17 August 2011 18:55, David Sanson wrote:
        > Apologies if this has already been discussed. I couldn't find any mention of
        > it, but I've only just started following this list.
        > In Lion in fullscreen mode in MacVim, I seem to always have a thin grey line
        > along the top of the window. It is only noticeable in dark themes. Here is a
        > screen shot: http://i.min.us/iekfBK7t5.png
        > Is it supposed to be there? Is there a way to remove it, or change its
        > color?
        > (And yes, I am aware that asking this question suggests I have OCD :-)
        > Best,
        > David

        I noticed this annoying line too right after releasing snapshot 61.
        As it turns out I did push a patch for this already [1], so either
        pull and build your own [2] or wait until I release snapshot 62.

        Björn

        [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/commit/490a242c7972ff9cd6a176adca6fa38b987727a6
        [2] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building

      • jonbuys
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 17, 2011
          Hi David,

          In Lion in fullscreen mode in MacVim, I seem to always have a thin grey line along the top of the window. It is only noticeable in dark themes. Here is a screen shot: http://i.min.us/iekfBK7t5.png

          How did you set your full screen width to not take up the entire screen?

          Jon

        • David Sanson
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 17, 2011
            Bjorn,

            Great! A quick

               brew install macvim --HEAD

            and that little grey line has disappeared.

            Jon,

               :set columns=80

            and

               :set columns=9999

            to get back. Actually, I have two shortcuts ("ns" for narrow screen and "fs" for full screen):

               map <LEADER>ns set columns=80<CR>
               map <LEADER>fs set columns=9999<CR>

            in my .vimrc. Picked this up online at some point, but I don't remember where. Use 'em all the time.

            David

          • Jonathan Buys
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 17, 2011
              Hi David,

              Jon,

                 :set columns=80

              and

                 :set columns=9999

              to get back. Actually, I have two shortcuts ("ns" for narrow screen and "fs" for full screen):

                 map <LEADER>ns set columns=80<CR>
                 map <LEADER>fs set columns=9999<CR>

              in my .vimrc. Picked this up online at some point, but I don't remember where. Use 'em all the time.

              Great tip, works like a charm.  Thanks!

              Jon