Re: This is not just a list for MacVim

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2011
      On Aug 1, 6:43 pm, Christopher Stone <ccstone1...@...> wrote:
      > On Aug 01, 2011, at 11:17, dv1...@... wrote:
      >
      > > In the last couple of days I've seen false information about the purpose of this list floating around, particularly the claim that questions not about MacVim don't belong here.

      > vim-...@...
      > Purpose This list is for discussing the use and development of Vim on the Mac OS.
      > Comments        This is for Mac-specific questions about using, compiling and coding. Generic use questions should stick to v...@..., above.

      Exactly. But if your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a
      nail, right? If you've only ever used Macs, how do you know that your
      particular question applies also to Windows and/or Linux and/or ...?
      Sometimes you'll have to guess, and sometimes you'll guess wrong; /
      c'est la vie/.

      No need to get excited because a generic question was asked on
      vim_mac, or conversely because a mac-specific question was asked on
      vim_use. Just answer as best you can, and, like Björn said, add:
      "You'll perhaps get a more detailed answer on that other list."