.vim/after/syntax

  • Nicholas Cole
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2011
      Dear List,

      I have a file in .vim/after/syntax called tex.vim

      My understanding from the docs is that it ought to be read in after
      the default tex syntax file is loaded, but if I edit a file called
      test.tex it seems to be ignored and I have to source it manually.

      Have I done something wrong, or does MacVim look for these files in a
      different place?

      Best wishes,

      Nicholas

    • Ben Schmidt
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2011
        On 1/08/11 5:03 PM, Nicholas Cole wrote:
        > Dear List,
        >
        > I have a file in .vim/after/syntax called tex.vim
        >
        > My understanding from the docs is that it ought to be read in after
        > the default tex syntax file is loaded, but if I edit a file called
        > test.tex it seems to be ignored and I have to source it manually.
        >
        > Have I done something wrong, or does MacVim look for these files in a
        > different place?

        What is in your file? Why do you need it to run after the regular tex syntax
        highlighting script is run? Perhaps it is not after/syntax that you want, but
        after/indent or after/ftplugin? I.e. the changes you are wanting to make in your
        after-script may be undone by an indent or ftplugin script which runs after your
        syntax script.

        Ben.