Re: antialias in vimrc

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2004
      On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 04:32:04AM -0500, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
      > Maybe this should be glaringly obvious to me, but why is it that when I
      > 'set alias' in my vimrc, it doesn't actually set? It works fine when I
      > do it once in the program.

      You mean 'anti', not 'alias', right?

      When I announced the binary with +antialias , I said

      > Antialiasing:
      >
      > Am I the only one who has trouble with this? When the 'guifont'
      > option is empty, I have serious problems. The characters take up the
      > wrong amount of space, and moving the cursor over them changes their
      > positions.
      >
      > Peter Cucka optimistically made 'antialias' the default. I
      > cautiously wanted to make 'noantialias' the default. The first version
      > of the patch he sent me made it hard to turn it off, so I added
      >
      > au VimEnter * set noantialias
      >
      > to the system vimrc. I did not update this to a simple
      >
      > set noantialias
      >
      > yet. Conclusions: (1) This is still an experimental patch. (2) If it
      > works for you, and you want to set 'antialias' in your vimrc file, go
      > fix the system vimrc file.

      I will add a shorter note to the same effect on the web page.

      HTH --Benji Fisher
    • Ricardo SIGNES
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 16, 2004
        * Benji Fisher <benji@...> [2004-01-15T14:27:28]
        > When I announced the binary with +antialias , I said
        > [ helpful message snipped]

        Ah. I meant to go back and read the announcement for possible
        explanations, but I'd deleted it.

        It might be nice to include this on :help antialias, actually.

        --
        rjbs
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 16, 2004
          On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 07:19:05AM -0500, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
          > * Benji Fisher <benji@...> [2004-01-15T14:27:28]
          > > When I announced the binary with +antialias , I said
          > > [ helpful message snipped]
          >
          > Ah. I meant to go back and read the announcement for possible
          > explanations, but I'd deleted it.
          >
          > It might be nice to include this on :help antialias, actually.

          The next time we compile, it will be fixed. This was just a
          problem with my being one step behind Peter Cucka, who produced the
          antialias patch. As soon as Bram produces another batch of official
          patches or there is a new wxperimental one ...

          --Benji Fisher