antialias in vimrc

  • Ricardo SIGNES
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2004
      Maybe this should be glaringly obvious to me, but why is it that when I
      'set alias' in my vimrc, it doesn't actually set? It works fine when I
      do it once in the program.

      --
      rjbs
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 15, 2004
        On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 04:32:04AM -0500, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
        > Maybe this should be glaringly obvious to me, but why is it that when I
        > 'set alias' in my vimrc, it doesn't actually set? It works fine when I
        > do it once in the program.

        You mean 'anti', not 'alias', right?

        When I announced the binary with +antialias , I said

        > Antialiasing:
        >
        > Am I the only one who has trouble with this? When the 'guifont'
        > option is empty, I have serious problems. The characters take up the
        > wrong amount of space, and moving the cursor over them changes their
        > positions.
        >
        > Peter Cucka optimistically made 'antialias' the default. I
        > cautiously wanted to make 'noantialias' the default. The first version
        > of the patch he sent me made it hard to turn it off, so I added
        >
        > au VimEnter * set noantialias
        >
        > to the system vimrc. I did not update this to a simple
        >
        > set noantialias
        >
        > yet. Conclusions: (1) This is still an experimental patch. (2) If it
        > works for you, and you want to set 'antialias' in your vimrc file, go
        > fix the system vimrc file.

        I will add a shorter note to the same effect on the web page.

        HTH --Benji Fisher
      • Ricardo SIGNES
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 16, 2004
          * Benji Fisher <benji@...> [2004-01-15T14:27:28]
          > When I announced the binary with +antialias , I said
          > [ helpful message snipped]

          Ah. I meant to go back and read the announcement for possible
          explanations, but I'd deleted it.

          It might be nice to include this on :help antialias, actually.

          --
          rjbs
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 16, 2004
            On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 07:19:05AM -0500, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
            > * Benji Fisher <benji@...> [2004-01-15T14:27:28]
            > > When I announced the binary with +antialias , I said
            > > [ helpful message snipped]
            >
            > Ah. I meant to go back and read the announcement for possible
            > explanations, but I'd deleted it.
            >
            > It might be nice to include this on :help antialias, actually.

            The next time we compile, it will be fixed. This was just a
            problem with my being one step behind Peter Cucka, who produced the
            antialias patch. As soon as Bram produces another batch of official
            patches or there is a new wxperimental one ...

            --Benji Fisher