Command to ingnore spelling of a word

  • Eric Weir
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2011
      In McVim, when spell checking is on, and the cursor is on a word identified as misspelled, a right click brings up a context menu, one option of which is to ignore the word. I was hoping there would be a key-combination command equivalent for this option, but judging form :help spell there doesn't seem to be one.

      Just wanted to check to make sure that is right, and to see if, as I suspect is unlikely, there is an undocumented command equivalent.

      Eric Weir
      Decatur, GA USA
      eeweir@...

    • Seth Milliken
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2011
        Sounds like you want 'zW'. The 'ignore <word>' menu item adds a word
        to the internal word list (see :help internal-wordlist).