Re: Vim for MacOS X and clipboard

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2004
      On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 04:45:07PM +0100, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I was asked how works Vim for MacOS X with clipboard of that
      > system. I understand there is no problem with GUI version
      > but what about terminal (native, not through X11)?

      I just tried it. With the minimal version that comes with OS X.iii
      (Panther) both

      :echo @*

      and

      :echo @+

      return nothing. With the Carbon version that I compiled,

      % /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim

      both of those returned something, but not what I had just copied to the
      clipboard using the GUI. After

      :gui

      I got the usual GUI version and both returned what I expected.

      Conclusion: clipboard support does not work in a terminal in the
      usual vim way. Of course, you can always enter Insert mode and use the
      GUI paste method.

      HTH --Benji Fisher
    • Mikolaj Machowski
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2004
        Dnia Monday 12 of January 2004 15:54, Benji Fisher napisaƂ:
        > Conclusion: clipboard support does not work in a terminal in the
        > usual vim way. Of course, you can always enter Insert mode and use the
        > GUI paste method.

        Thanks for replies.

        m.

        Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 12 Dec)
        http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
        Are You There?