Vim 5.7 and Mac OS X compilation errors

  • Eugene Lee
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2000
      Finally got the developer tools (make, gcc, the usual goodies) and tried
      to compile the latest version. Got a few header warnings (no problem),
      then ran into these errors:

      regexp.c:356: illegal external declaration, missing `;' after `)'
      regexp.c:359: illegal external declaration, found `{'
      regexp.c:383: illegal external declaration, found `if'
      regexp.c:386: illegal method definition, found `('
      regexp.c:386: illegal method definition, missing `{' after `)'
      regexp.c:387: illegal external declaration, missing `;' after `np'
      regexp.c:388: illegal external declaration, missing `;' after `*'
      regexp.c:388: illegal method selector, found `2'
      regexp.c:393: illegal external declaration, found `return'
      make: *** [regexp.o] Error 1

      I didn't see anything wrong with the definition. Anyone have an idea
      what's going wrong?

      --
      Eugene Lee
      eugene@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2000
        --- In vim-mac@egroups.com, Eugene Lee <vim-mac-egroups-
        wrapper@v...> wrote:
        > Finally got the developer tools (make, gcc, the usual goodies)
        and tried
        > to compile the latest version. Got a few header warnings (no
        problem),
        > then ran into these errors:

        Yeah the same thing happened to me.

        The weird thing is that I tried it a bunch of times
        (possibly tweaking things) and one time it
        compiled. So I do have a working text only
        vim. But most of the time it complains.

        dave chen