Re: Folding

  • Eric Weir
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 4 11:31 AM

      On Jun 4, 2011, at 1:21 PM, Devric wrote:

      Rather spend so many times writing your own indenting, have you tried
      org mode for vim plugin? search org mode in vim scripts, and should
      have some videos to show what it is.

      using org mode plugin for vim, it has really simple indent method such
      as using the " * " symbol to create heading-> sub-heading, unlimited

      * 1
      ** 2
      *** 2.1
      **** 2.1.1
      **** 2,1.2
      ** 3
      *** 3.1

      and other really amazing functions such as GTD, calendar, tagging blah
      blah you can find them in the videos since i mostly just use the
      indentation to record notes

      Thanks, Devric. Never heard of org mode. As you describe it, sounds very interesting. I'll go looking for it.

      i don't think it remembers the state which line is folded which is
      not, its all folded when opening the file....

      I was recently given a solution for this. Any one of these:

      au BufWinLeave * mkview
      au BufWinEnter * silent loadview

      autocmd BufWinLeave *.txt mkview
      autocmd BufWinEnter *.txt silent loadview

      autocmd BufWinLeave *.* mkview
      autocmd BufWinEnter *.* silent loadview

      have a go at it, i think you should love them as a writer.  invest
      sometime in org mode plugin for vim, it saves you the headache of
      making one your own.

      I am definitely intrigued.

      Eric Weir
      Decatur, GA  USA
      eeweir@...

    • Eric Weir
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 8 7:06 AM
        On Jun 4, 2011, at 1:21 PM, Devric wrote:

        > using org mode plugin for vim, it has really simple indent method such
        > as using the " * " symbol to create heading-> sub-heading, unlimited
        >
        > * 1
        > ** 2
        > *** 2.1
        > ** 3
        > *** 3.1

        Curious, Devric. I've been checking out the Vim Organizer videos. I notice that when adding body text the first column is aligned with the first column of the heading. Assuming you have linebreak set so words wrap to the screen, what happens when the body text extends beyond the first line, i.e., are subsequent lines also aligned with the first column of the heading?

        Thanks,
        Eric Weir
        Decatur, GA USA
        eeweir@...