Re: Successful ViM 6.2 w/Python 2.3 support under Panther

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 23, 2003
      On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 05:43:16PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Benji Fisher wrote:

      > > > [...]
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for the explanation and listing the steps. I'll assume that
      > > > Benji somehow merges this into his explanations.
      > >
      > > I am sorry to disappoint you, but I have not been able to reproduce
      > > a successful compile of vim with python support. Judging by the error
      > > messages from the linker, and some suggestions I have seen, I think the
      > > problem is that I upgraded to X.iii instead of doing a clean install.
      > > Now, the linker complains about un-pre-bound libraries for Python 2.2 or
      > > some such, even though the only Python on my system is now the 2.3
      > > installed with Panther.
      >
      > For the time being, perhaps you can list the instructions that Matthew
      > wrote, or add a link to his messsage.
      >
      > I have no idea how to solve your problem, you might have to run some
      > utility to "pre-bind" your libraries...?

      I tried that, with no luck. I will add Matthew's instructions, but
      probably not until I get back from visiting my mother. (I leave
      tomorrow, and there is a lot to do before I can go.)

      --Benji Fisher
    • Matthew Stott
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 23, 2003
        On Dec 23, 2003, at 1:10 PM, Benji Fisher wrote:

        > ***SNIP***
        >>> I am sorry to disappoint you, but I have not been able to
        >>> reproduce
        >>> a successful compile of vim with python support. Judging by the
        >>> error
        >>> messages from the linker, and some suggestions I have seen, I think
        >>> the
        >>> problem is that I upgraded to X.iii instead of doing a clean install.
        >>> Now, the linker complains about un-pre-bound libraries for Python
        >>> 2.2 or
        >>> some such, even though the only Python on my system is now the 2.3
        >>> installed with Panther.
        >>
        >> For the time being, perhaps you can list the instructions that Matthew
        >> wrote, or add a link to his messsage.
        >>
        >> I have no idea how to solve your problem, you might have to run some
        >> utility to "pre-bind" your libraries...?
        >
        > I tried that, with no luck. I will add Matthew's instructions,
        > but
        > probably not until I get back from visiting my mother. (I leave
        > tomorrow, and there is a lot to do before I can go.)
        >
        > --Benji Fisher

        I will see if I can duplicate Benji's problem. I've got a second Mac so
        I will wipe it, load Jaguar 10.ii and then update the system to 10.iii
        duplicate the upgrade problem so I can identify and troubleshoot the
        problem.

        Have a good family visit, Benji! You deserve a good vacation!