Right-left cursor rendering issue

  • Ben Schmidt
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2011
      Hi, Björn,

      A little issue that I think will be easy to fix.

      MacVim renders the cursor nicely in insert mode when 'rightleft' is set, i.e. it
      displays an insertion point at the right of the character cell, rather than at the
      left, as when 'rightleft' is not set. However, it applies the same adjustment when
      the cursor is in the middle of a commandline, but this is incorrect.

      To reproduce, issue :set rl and then type any ex command, but instead of pressing
      Enter, press the left arrow once; you will see that instead of being between the
      last two characters, the cursor appears at the end of the line. If you continue
      pressing left, you will not be able to make the cursor appear at the beginning of
      the command (though if you type, text will appear there).

      Note that when typing a search command (with / or ?), the behaviour is currently
      correct; only when entering an Ex command is it wrong, AFAIK.

      Will this be easy to fix? Need any help or additional info?

      Cheers,

      Ben.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2011
        On 7 May 2011 10:30, Ben Schmidt wrote:

        > MacVim renders the cursor nicely in insert mode when 'rightleft' is set,
        > i.e. it displays an insertion point at the right of the character cell,
        > rather than at the left, as when 'rightleft' is not set. However, it applies
        > the same adjustment when the cursor is in the middle of a commandline, but
        > this is incorrect.
        >
        > To reproduce, issue :set rl and then type any ex command, but instead of
        > pressing Enter, press the left arrow once; you will see that instead of
        > being between the last two characters, the cursor appears at the end of the
        > line. If you continue pressing left, you will not be able to make the cursor
        > appear at the beginning of the command (though if you type, text will appear
        > there).
        >
        > Note that when typing a search command (with / or ?), the behaviour is
        > currently correct; only when entering an Ex command is it wrong, AFAIK.

        I see the problem. I will put it on my todo list.

        Thanks for the report,