Re: spann through multiple screens 7.3

  • locojay
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 20, 2011
      works thnks

      --
      locojay

      On Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 9:54 AM, björn wrote:

      On 20 April 2011 15:41, locojay wrote:

      set go-=L set go-=r    does not work for me. if i expand to the 2screen and
      set go=-L and then set go-=r the window is maximized on the second screen.

      You have to do the ":set go" incantations _first_, then resize your
      window across the two screens. After this, you can :vsplit without
      the window snapping back to one screen.

      The point is that any command which may change the window size (such
      as hiding/showing scrollbars, toolbar, tab bar, etc.) will cause the
      window to adjust itself to fit the screen it is "mostly" on. By
      disabling the scrollbars first a :vsplit will not do anything to the
      window size.

      Yes i tried snapshot 52 and this was the only version where it works as
      expected:

      Oh, that was unexpected. I will try to figure out what has changed since then.