Re: spann through multiple screens 7.3

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 20 12:52 AM
      On 19 April 2011 19:39, locojaydev wrote:

      > when i stretch 7.3 to two screens and start nerd-tree or split the
      > window gets resized to one screen.
      >
      > googling the issue pointed me to snapshot 52 ( 7.2.376). This is
      > exactly the behavior i was looking for : stretch the window to my two
      > screens and have multiple vsplits. Unfortunately allot of my plugins
      > don't work : ( ropevim ,pyflakes,...)

      Are you saying that you tried this snapshot and it worked as you
      expected but later snapshots didn't?

      > i tried git master and other snapshot (57,56) but it seems that all
      > 7.3 version do not have the stretch ability.
      >
      > any idea?

      As a temporary workaround, the problem goes away if you hide the scrollbars:

      set go-=L
      set go-=r

      Fixing this problem properly is somewhat tricky, but I will put it
      back on my todo list to see if I can come up with a permanent
      solution.

    • locojay
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 20 6:41 AM
        thanks for the reply.

        set go-=L set go-=r    does not work for me. if i expand to the 2screen and set go=-L and then set go-=r the window is maximized on the second screen.

        Yes i tried snapshot 52 and this was the only version where it works as expected:
        expand vim to two screens.
        1st vsplit : 1 doc first screen , 1 docc in second,
        2nd vsplit :2 docs in first screen. 1 doc in second

        locojay

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 20 6:54 AM
          On 20 April 2011 15:41, locojay wrote:

          > set go-=L set go-=r    does not work for me. if i expand to the 2screen and
          > set go=-L and then set go-=r the window is maximized on the second screen.

          You have to do the ":set go" incantations _first_, then resize your
          window across the two screens. After this, you can :vsplit without
          the window snapping back to one screen.

          The point is that any command which may change the window size (such
          as hiding/showing scrollbars, toolbar, tab bar, etc.) will cause the
          window to adjust itself to fit the screen it is "mostly" on. By
          disabling the scrollbars first a :vsplit will not do anything to the
          window size.

          > Yes i tried snapshot 52 and this was the only version where it works as
          > expected:

          Oh, that was unexpected. I will try to figure out what has changed since then.

        • locojay