Re: A block-quote desired

  • dacresni
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 18, 2011

      there it is, it has a menu for snipits.

    • Steve Huff
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 20, 2011
        On Apr 16, 2011, at 4:45 AM, Barrie Stott wrote:

        > If someone has a block quote mechanism they can share that would be wonderful.

        i've gotten tons of mileage out of TComment (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1173).

        -steve

        --
        http://five.sentenc.es
        PGP 8477B706 (A92A 1F7E 6D76 16A0 BFF9 E61D AD54 0251 8477 B706)
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 20, 2011
          On 20 Apr 2011, at 17:52, Steve Huff wrote:

          > On Apr 16, 2011, at 4:45 AM, Barrie Stott wrote:
          >
          >> If someone has a block quote mechanism they can share that would be wonderful.
          >

          > i've gotten tons of mileage out of TComment (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1173).

          I had been a bit put off by it saying that vimball would need updating for vim version 7, which is the one that I use. With your recommendation, I'l see what the difficulty is with vimball before writing things off.

          Thanks for your email.

          Barrie.

        • ivar vasara
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 20, 2011
            The TComment git source repository is here -
            https://github.com/tomtom/tcomment_vim
            (This way you can use pathogen or added it to your Janus Rakefile)

            On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Barrie Stott <zen146410@...> wrote:

            > On 20 Apr 2011, at 17:52, Steve Huff wrote:
            >

            >> On Apr 16, 2011, at 4:45 AM, Barrie Stott wrote:
            >>
            >>> If someone has a block quote mechanism they can share that would be wonderful.
            >>

            >> i've gotten tons of mileage out of TComment (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1173).
            >
            > I had been a bit put off by it saying that vimball would need updating for vim version 7, which is the one that I use. With your recommendation, I'l see what the difficulty is with vimball before writing things off.
            >
            > Thanks for your email.
            >
            > Barrie.
            >
            > --

          • Tim Gray
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 20, 2011
              On Apr 20, 2011 at 12:52 PM -0400, Steve Huff wrote:
              >i've gotten tons of mileage out of TComment
              >(http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1173).

              Thanks for mentioning this plugin. I like it more than Nerd commenter
              and switched over.
            • Charles Campbell
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 20, 2011
                Barrie Stott wrote:
                > On 20 Apr 2011, at 17:52, Steve Huff wrote:
                >

                >> On Apr 16, 2011, at 4:45 AM, Barrie Stott wrote:
                >>

                >>> If someone has a block quote mechanism they can share that would be wonderful.
                >>>

                >> i've gotten tons of mileage out of TComment (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1173).
                >>
                > I had been a bit put off by it saying that vimball would need updating for vim version 7, which is the one that I use. With your recommendation, I'l see what the difficulty is with vimball before writing things off.

                vimball needed updating for vim 7.0; if you have 7.1 or later, there
                should be no problem.
                Chip Campbell