Buffer reload on save?

  • mikeFitzhugh
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2003
      Hi all --
      Apologies if this is a overly-simple newbie question...

      Whenenver I write my files with :w or cmd-S using the vim62.127.perl
      binary, my cursor position is reset to line 1 of my file. This doesn't
      happen with any other Vim installations I've used and I'm unable to
      track down the cause. It seems like the working buffer reloads on each
      write/save. I've exhausted my search of online and personal resources.
      Could anyone lend a hand, please?

      Many thanks,
      Mike Fitzhugh

      p.s. My vimrc mods are below. Everything in my gvimrc and the
      remainder of vimrc is set as I found in in my Vim.app package.

      " Use Vim settings, rather then Vi settings (much better!).
      " This must be first, because it changes other options as a side
      effect.
      set nocompatible

      " allow backspacing over everything in insert mode
      set backspace=indent,eol,start

      set nu " precede each line with its line number
      set hid " allow buffers to be hidden
      set autoindent " always set autoindenting on
      set wrap " wrap text when displaying. Does NOT effect
      file formatting.
      set nobackup " never create backups, for now.
      set history=50 " keep 50 lines of command line history
      set ruler " show the cursor position all the time
      set showcmd " display incomplete commands
      set hlsearch " highlight search terms
      set incsearch " do incremental searching
      set wrapscan " default, but just to be sure, I want this
      turned on.
      set ignorecase " searches case-sensitive by default.
      often handier if not.
      set smartcase " make search string case-sensitive if contains
      any upper-case chars
      set encoding=utf-8 " encode files in utf-8

      :filetype plugin on
      let html_tag_case="lowercase"