Re: MacVim caught deadly Segv

  • Janusz Bossy
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14, 2011
      On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 1:42 AM, Dmitrii Golub <dmitrii.golub@...> wrote:
      > Hi
      > I install macvim, but when I run it in terminal it shows me:
      > /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS $ ./MacVim
      > Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
      > Vim: Finished.

      If you want to start MacVim from the terminal use the mvim script that
      is bundled with the app. If you just want to start MacVim double click
      MacVim.app in the finder or use whatever launcher you normally use.

      --
      Janusz

    • Dmitrii Golub
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 14, 2011
        If I double click on MacVim, then the same thing is happened, I just see it in the dock and no window is really opened.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 15, 2011
          > If I double click on MacVim, then the same thing is happened, I just see it
          > in the dock and no window is really opened.

          Have you messed around with your system Python or something similar by
          any chance? MacVim links to certain system libraries (such as
          Python). If they are not in the place where they are supposed to be
          then MacVim will fail to start.

          If you start Console.app do you see any error messages when you try to
          open MacVim?