MacVim caught deadly Segv

  • Dmitrii Golub
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 13, 2011
      Hi
      I install macvim, but when I run it in terminal it shows me:
      /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS $ ./MacVim
      Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
      Vim: Finished.
      Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
      Vim: Finished.
      Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
      Vim: Finished.

      And it just sit in dock

      Thanks

    • Janusz Bossy
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 14, 2011
        On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 1:42 AM, Dmitrii Golub <dmitrii.golub@...> wrote:
        > Hi
        > I install macvim, but when I run it in terminal it shows me:
        > /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS $ ./MacVim
        > Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
        > Vim: Finished.

        If you want to start MacVim from the terminal use the mvim script that
        is bundled with the app. If you just want to start MacVim double click
        MacVim.app in the finder or use whatever launcher you normally use.

        --
        Janusz

      • Dmitrii Golub
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 14, 2011
          If I double click on MacVim, then the same thing is happened, I just see it in the dock and no window is really opened.

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 15, 2011
            > If I double click on MacVim, then the same thing is happened, I just see it
            > in the dock and no window is really opened.

            Have you messed around with your system Python or something similar by
            any chance? MacVim links to certain system libraries (such as
            Python). If they are not in the place where they are supposed to be
            then MacVim will fail to start.

            If you start Console.app do you see any error messages when you try to
            open MacVim?