RE: "File open" dialog filter?

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 11 11:46 PM
      Ben Schmidt wrote:
      >> To conclude; no, there is no way to filter files at the
      >> moment but it looks like it might be possible to implement
      >> this. I'll put it on my todo list.
      >
      > Please do ensure it is optional. I regularly edit PDF files in
      > MacVim!

      I haven't tried it, but for anyone interested, this tip uses a
      utility to present pdf files in text form when read:
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Open_PDF_files

      John

    • Janusz Bossy
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 12 1:49 AM
        On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Mark McCullagh
        <mark.mccullagh@...> wrote:
        > Thanks very much for this information.  That would be a wonderful
        > feature.  No more "editing" a PDF after a mouse-slip!

        Hi Mark,

        why don't you use :e to open new files in MacVim? You can't make a
        mouse-slip this way :)

        Janusz

      • Sylvain Soliman
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 12 2:06 AM

          * Janusz Bossy <janusz.bossy@...>:
          > why don't you use :e to open new files in MacVim? You can't make a
          > mouse-slip this way :)

          And if :e is too 'raw' for your needs, Command-T[1] or NerdTree[2] are
          excellent (keyboard-based) file exploration plugins...

          Sylvain

          [1]: https://github.com/wincent/Command-T
          [2]: https://github.com/scrooloose/nerdtree
          --
          Sylvain Soliman <Sylvain.Soliman@...> GnuPG Public Key: 0x0F53AF99
          Page personnelle http://contraintes.inria.fr/~soliman/
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 12 6:43 AM
            On Apr 12, 2011 at 03:21 PM +1000, Ben Schmidt wrote:
            >Please do ensure it is optional. I regularly edit PDF files in MacVim!

            If it's anything like the option found in other Mac programs, only
            editable by MacVim programs will be selectable unless you toggle the
            button. Then you'll be able to select anything.

            Should be the best of both worlds. I've only written Cocoa a little
            bit, but if I recall, it shouldn't be all the much work either. I could
            be totally wrong though :)