Re: [feature request] 'Merge all Windows' in Window menu a la Safari

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2011
      On 2 April 2011 22:58, Jamie Bullock wrote:

      > It would be great if MacVim had a 'Merge all Windows' option in the
      > Window menu. The behaviour would follow that of the Safari web browser
      > -- all documents in separate windows become tabs in a single window.

      This is problematic due to the fact that each window represents a
      separate Vim process. Search the list for discussions on dragging
      tabs between windows.

      (Now that there is persistent undo support I guess we have one less
      reason not to add this feature though. I will try to take another
      look at this sometime.)