[feature request] 'Merge all Windows' in Window menu a la Safari

  • Jamie Bullock
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2011
      Hi,

      It would be great if MacVim had a 'Merge all Windows' option in the
      Window menu. The behaviour would follow that of the Safari web browser
      -- all documents in separate windows become tabs in a single window.

      Jamie

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2011
        On 2 April 2011 22:58, Jamie Bullock wrote:

        > It would be great if MacVim had a 'Merge all Windows' option in the
        > Window menu. The behaviour would follow that of the Safari web browser
        > -- all documents in separate windows become tabs in a single window.

        This is problematic due to the fact that each window represents a
        separate Vim process. Search the list for discussions on dragging
        tabs between windows.

        (Now that there is persistent undo support I guess we have one less
        reason not to add this feature though. I will try to take another
        look at this sometime.)