Re: Blurred background

  • Jjgod Jiang
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2011

      On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 12:44 PM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
      >>> I don't know how this is done.  If its not a major addition I'd accept
      >>> a patch however, in case anybody feels like implementing this.

      With a private Apple API it's actually quite simple, you can apply any
      Core Image filter to a CGWindow, see:

      http://winjade.net/board/index.php?showtopic=8984&pid=116022

      Blurminal used this technic:

      https://github.com/ciaran/Blurminal/blob/master/Blurminal.m

      - Jiang

    • Christopher Stone
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2011
        On Apr 02, 2011, at 04:49, Ben Schmidt wrote:
        > I don't know what this blurring is exactly, but on the surface I don't like the idea. If I make my window transparent, it's because I'm trying to look at something behind it, and having it blurred would be tremendously unhelpful.

        Other than in very specific instances I utterly hate object transparency.

        --
        Best Regards,
        Chris