Bouncing problem

  • Kun
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2011
      Hi all:

      I have been using MacVim without any problem for quite a while.
      However, I suddenly run into the bouncing problem this morning. When I
      click the MacVim icon, it just keeps bouncing in Dock. I tried to open
      vim in command line, but without any luck: It just hangs there. I then
      upgrade my OS from 10.6.6 to 10.6.7, still doesn't work.

      The only thing I do before this problem is I installed a app called
      DTerm, which I don't think is the reason of problem. I downloaded
      several versions of MacVim and tried them all, problem still exist.

      Any hint or suggestion would be very appreciated!

    • dacresni
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 25, 2011
        my first test would be to check what "which vim" returns and also "which vi" also try launching vi from the command line, it should still come up as vim. Any farther help requests should come with an error message please. I dont know what's wrong if I dont have the error message.

      • windstorm
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 25, 2011
          Thanks for the reply

          I linked vi to vim, so vi is actually vim in my system. I use the vim
          in MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/ as my vim so this is what "which vim"
          output.

          There is no error message to tell the truth, whenever I try to launch
          the macvim, the icon just bounces. Whenever I try to launch the vim on
          command line, it just doesn't output anything and hang there. I moved
          all plugins, vimrc, etc., without any luck.

          Yours Sincerely
          Kun

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 26, 2011
            On 26 March 2011 03:14, windstorm wrote:
            > Thanks for the reply
            >
            > I linked vi to vim, so vi is actually vim in my system. I use the vim
            > in MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/ as my vim so this is what "which vim"
            > output.
            >
            > There is no error message to tell the truth, whenever I try to launch
            > the macvim, the icon just bounces. Whenever I try to launch the vim on
            > command line, it just doesn't output anything and hang there. I moved
            > all plugins, vimrc, etc., without any luck.

            Just to be sure, have you really gone through all the steps of [1]?

            If so, please generate a debug log [2] and post it here so that I may
            see how far MacVim gets during startup.

            Thanks,
            Björn

            [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Troubleshooting
            [2] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Debugging

          • Kun
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 26, 2011
              I realize that it may not be the problem of MacVim since some other
              applications also meet similar problem. I will probably reinstall the
              OS then. Sorry for the disturb:(