Re: Building VIM 7.3 on Mac OSX 10.6

  • Charlie Tanksley
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 24, 2011
      > On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Diego <diego898@...> wrote:
      > > How can I replace my old vim with the new vim?

      If you install MacVim with Homebrew, there is an option that is relevant
      here. I'm pretty sure that `brew install macvim --override-system-vim`
      will leave your system vim intact, but will add a symlink to the vim
      that comes with MacVim somewhere higher up in your path, so `vim` will
      refer to that. (I'm unsure about the details, I know that it does what
      you want.)

      Charlie
      > -- You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.

      Charlie Tanksley
      Lecturer in Philosophy
      Clemson University