Re: Cmd/Opt+Arrows don't work in Insert mode (but do in Normal)

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2011
      On 9 March 2011 06:49, philipx <google@...> wrote:
      > Hello.
      >
      > I've just recently installed MacVim trying to normalize to a single
      > editor across all my platforms, but I'm having some problems that I
      > confess are beyond my abilities to figure it out.
      >
      > Cmd+Arrows nor Opt+Arrows work well in Normal mode, but they don't in
      > Insert mode. The cursor just moves one character at at time. They also
      > don't work in command mode.
      >
      > The output of :imap seems to list the keys:
      > i  <D-Right>     <Esc>A'<Space>
      > i  <D-BS>        <C-U>
      > i  <M-BS>        <C-W>
      > i  <M-Down>      <C-O>}
      > i  <D-Down>    * <C-End>
      > i  <M-Up>        <C-O>{
      > i  <D-Up>      * <C-Home>
      > !  <M-Right>   * <C-Right>
      > !  <M-Left>    * <C-Left>
      > !  <D-Left>    * <Home>
      > !  <D-v>         <C-R>*
      >
      > So does :nmap
      >   <M-Down>      }
      >   <D-Down>    * <C-End>
      >   <M-Up>        {
      >   <D-Up>      * <C-Home>
      >   <M-Right>   * <C-Right>
      >   <D-Right>   * <End>
      >   <M-Left>    * <C-Left>
      >   <D-Left>    * <Home>
      > n  <D-v>         "*P
      >

      > C-Left/Right keys work as expected, and so do Fn-Left/Right.

      This should work (I just double-checked). Try going through the
      troubleshooting guide:

      https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Troubleshooting

    • philipx
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2011
        Thank you Björn.
        I traced it to a incorrect "set paste" instruction - which of course
        is applicable only to the console version.
        I've wrapped it in a has("gui") statement so that it doesn't come up
        in gui mode.

        Thanks again.