Re: Console version of MacVim

  • Petro Verkhogliad
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 9, 2011
      Thanks everyone. Symlinking to mvim works great!

      Petro

      On Mar 9, 8:04 am, Rainer Schmid <ashca...@...> wrote:
      > > is it possible to use MacVim in the console? There is the 'mvim'
      > > command which will launch the MacVim GUI. Basically, with traditional
      > > vim, if you wanted the gui, you would start it with 'vim -g'. Whereas,
      > > 'vim' would just run the editor in the console. I was wondering if
      > > this is possible with MacVim.
      >
      > Just copy (or rename or symlink) the mvim script to vim and using this
      > will start the console vim.
      >
      > Rainer

    • Russ McBride
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 9, 2011
        I think he's probably referring to the ability to use some of the vim commands on the console line (rather than starting up the console version of vim).

        On the *nix machines you can set your bash config file with: set -o vi
        and this will give you most of what you want. I don't know about windows boxes.

        Cheers,
        russ