Re: Do MacVim (or Vim) developers use MacVim as source editor?

  • Douglas Drumond
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21 3:38 AM
      Hi there,

      >> Sorry if this is a silly question. I'm just wondering if developers of
      >> Vim or MacVim, besides Bram Moolenaar, use Vim as a self-creation
      >> tool, for the task of code editing, of course. Or do you use some
      >> other editor or IDE?
      >
      > Of course we do.

      I second that. I work with Android development (I mean customizing
      Android itself, not just developing apps to run over Android), if I
      had to set up Eclipse to include all Android code plus apps code I
      would be doomed. It would be very cumbersome to set up and so slow to
      run. I can't imagine inputting <object><dot><wait a looooong time to
      code complete>. In this way, I'm very glad for vim + cscope.
      But when I want to develop a test app for Android or anything for
      iPhone, I use Eclipse or XCode.

      --
      Douglas Drumond