Janus and MacVim Indents

  • Braden Douglass
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2011
      Ok everyone, I can't seem to get this wrangled so I figured I would send my question to the pros. I am using the Janus bundle that Katz put together along with MacVim.  All is good except I am having some odd indent issues. With PHP, I am getting nothing, even if the php open and close tags are on one indent, any internals will get slammed to the leftmost wall. I also have smartindent and autoindent on so no problem there. In addition, I realized that a bunch of the .vim autoindent files didn't come down when I installed MacVim via homebrew and went back and nabbed them so that is all good as well. Completely lost. Thanks for the help all!  Oh and vimrc file attached here: http://cl.ly/4NjN

      K, THANKS! -Braden

    • Ben Schmidt
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2011
        On 5/02/11 4:40 AM, Braden Douglass wrote:
        > Ok everyone, I can't seem to get this wrangled so I figured I would send my
        > question to the pros. I am using the Janus bundle that Katz put together along
        > with MacVim. All is good except I am having some odd indent issues. With PHP, I
        > am getting nothing, even if the php open and close tags are on one indent, any
        > internals will get slammed to the leftmost wall. I also have smartindent and
        > autoindent on so no problem there. In addition, I realized that a bunch of the
        > .vim autoindent files didn't come down when I installed MacVim via homebrew and
        > went back and nabbed them so that is all good as well. Completely lost. Thanks for
        > the help all! Oh and vimrc file attached here: http://cl.ly/4NjN
        >
        > K, THANKS! -Braden

        Hmm. Things look pretty much right.

        Check 'paste' is off (:verbose set paste?) and what your value of
        'indentexpr' is (:verbose set indentexpr?).

        If that doesn't help you, the output of :set would probably be good to
        post on the list, so we can see all your options (make sure you've
        opened a PHP file that isn't working, so we see the relevant ones!). We
        might be able to spot what's wrong.

        Cheers,

        Ben.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2011
          On 4 February 2011 18:40, Braden Douglass wrote:
          > Ok everyone, I can't seem to get this wrangled so I figured I would send my
          > question to the pros. I am using the Janus bundle that Katz put together
          > along with MacVim.  All is good except I am having some odd indent issues.
          > With PHP, I am getting nothing, even if the php open and close tags are on
          > one indent, any internals will get slammed to the leftmost wall. I also have
          > smartindent and autoindent on so no problem there. In addition, I realized
          > that a bunch of the .vim autoindent files didn't come down when I installed
          > MacVim via homebrew and went back and nabbed them so that is all good as
          > well. Completely lost. Thanks for the help all!  Oh and vimrc file attached
          > here: http://cl.ly/4NjN

          Have you tried temporarily moving .vim/.vimrc/.gvimrc out of the way
          (see [1]) to see if it is a problem with one of your plugins?

          Björn

          [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Troubleshooting