Right window to front when double clicking an open file in finder

  • oprah_noodlemantra
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2011
      If you have multiple windows open and you double click something in
      the finder that is already open, it does not bring the right window to
      front, same goes for tabs.

      Also, closing a tab should close the buffer right? Is this just a
      setting?
      It would be more logical if it did.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2011
        On 20 January 2011 13:30, oprah_noodlemantra wrote:
        > If you have multiple windows open and you double click something in
        > the finder that is already open, it does not bring the right window to
        > front, same goes for tabs.

        That's a recent regression (it works in 7.3 stable). I'll fix it.

        > Also, closing a tab should close the buffer right? Is this just a
        > setting?
        > It would be more logical if it did.

        No, buffers and tabs have nothing to do with each other. If you want
        to close a buffer (and remove it from the buffer list) you need to use
        something like :bdelete.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 20, 2011
          On 20 January 2011 17:15, björn wrote:
          > On 20 January 2011 13:30, oprah_noodlemantra wrote:
          >> If you have multiple windows open and you double click something in
          >> the finder that is already open, it does not bring the right window to
          >> front, same goes for tabs.
          >
          > That's a recent regression (it works in 7.3 stable).  I'll fix it.

          Done (see [1]). Thanks for reporting this problem.

          Björn

          [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/commit/16895bea46534dee65063f3026fba5952f3ec95e