Re: font names containing spaces

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2011
      On 19 January 2011 07:07, Ben Schmidt wrote:
      > On 19/01/11 10:23 AM, Jason Grossman wrote:
      >>
      >> Hi.  I know this has been covered in the email list before, but I can't
      >> get the previously suggested solution to work.
      >>
      >> I'd like to set my default font to Verily Serif Mono.
      >>
      >> Once I'm in a MacVim window, typing
      >>
      >>               :set guifont=Verily\ Serif\ Mono:h14
      >>
      >> works nicely.
      >>
      >> But putting
      >>
      >>               set guifont=Verily\ Serif\ Mono:h14
      >>
      >> into my .vimrc or .gvimrc seems to have no effect.
      >>
      >> I've tested this with both the latest snapshot (56) and the stable 53, and
      >> both with and without ATSUI rendering (OK, I didn't think that would make
      >> any difference, but just in case!).
      >>
      >> Any help very welcome.  Thank you!
      >>
      >> Jason
      >
      > Something similar works for me. IIRC, it needs to be in .gvimrc and won't
      > work in .vimrc.

      It should work both in .vimrc and .gvimrc -- I confirmed it by testing
      myself just now.

      Like Ben said, something else must be setting this option after those
      two files have been sourced. If his suggestions to track down the
      problem doesn't help, then you may want to take a look at the
      Troubleshooting guide [1].

      Björn

      [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Troubleshooting