Re: Macvim version control

  • Ben Schmidt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2011
      > Hi Ben,
      >
      > When I moved the MacVim repo from repo.or.cz to GitHub I set it up
      > using hg-git so there is no advantage to making a hg repo for MacVim
      > anymore. I pull from the vim hg repo and then push using hg-git to my
      > git mirror [1]. I then pull the commits from [1] into the new MacVim
      > repo [2].
      >
      > Björn
      >
      > [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/vim
      > [2] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim

      Ah, brilliant, Björn! I hadn't realised, but yeah, looking at it more carefully
      now, it indeed does have all the official vim changesets in it. I'll just use the
      MacVim git repo via hg-git and everything will interoperate nicely.

      I just fired up a build from the repo, presumably with all the 10.6 features, and
      it seems to work nicely. The current renderer is dealing with combining characters
      in reverse nicely, even, so my accented Hebrew looks good-ish. I may even be able
      to stop using Vim in X soon. One step closer to switching completely to MacVim!

      I'll hopefully be working on remedying the other things holding me back over the
      coming months.

      Smiles,

      Ben.