Help needed: Problem with libruby.1.dylib: no suitable image found.

  • Battur Sanchin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2011

      I've removed ruby & ruby-related tools (such as: irb, and rubygems), also files under  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/ from my computer (might be a bad idea). I've installed RVM, and project specific ruby and gems in $HOME/.rvm folder. Looks like they're fine now.

      But when I open macvim from the console, it gave me following error:

      battursanchin@mbkpro: ~$ vim
      dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/libruby.1.dylib
        Referenced from: /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim
        Reason: image not found
      Trace/BPT trap

      Then I installed Ruby.framework from the Mac OSx install DVD. When I open macvim, it gives me:

      battursanchin@mbkpro: ~/Projects/macvim/src$ vim
      dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/libruby.1.dylib
        Referenced from: /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim
        Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
              /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/libruby.1.dylib: can't map
              /usr/lib/libruby.1.dylib: can't map
      Trace/BPT trap

      I've googled quite a hard, and couldn't find any cure for this problem, except this tip. Does anybody know the solution to this problem? Tips & guidance are greatly appreciated.

      Here is my environment information:
      • OS: Mac OSx 10.6.3
      • /usr/lib/libruby.1.dylib is symbolik link to the /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/libruby.1.dylib
      • $ which ruby: /Users/battursanchin/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.8.7-p330/bin/ruby
      • alias in ~/.profile: 'vim'='/Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim'

      Battur.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2011
        On 6 January 2011 09:14, Battur Sanchin <battursanchin@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I've removed ruby & ruby-related tools (such as: irb, and rubygems), also
        > files under  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/ from my computer
        > (might be a bad idea). I've installed RVM, and project specific ruby and
        > gems in $HOME/.rvm folder. Looks like they're fine now.
        > But when I open macvim from the console, it gave me following error:
        > battursanchin@mbkpro: ~$ vim
        > dyld: Library not loaded:
        > /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/libruby.1.dylib
        >   Referenced from: /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim
        >   Reason: image not found
        > Trace/BPT trap
        >
        > Then I installed Ruby.framework from the Mac OSx install DVD. When I open
        > macvim, it gives me:
        > battursanchin@mbkpro: ~/Projects/macvim/src$ vim
        > dyld: Library not loaded:
        > /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/libruby.1.dylib
        >   Referenced from: /Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim
        >   Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
        >
        >  /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/libruby.1.dylib:
        > can't map
        >         /usr/lib/libruby.1.dylib: can't map
        > Trace/BPT trap
        >
        > I've googled quite a hard, and couldn't find any cure for this problem,
        > except this tip. Does anybody know the solution to this problem? Tips &
        > guidance are greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Here is my environment information:
        >
        > OS: Mac OSx 10.6.3
        > /usr/lib/libruby.1.dylib is symbolik link to
        > the /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/libruby.1.dylib
        > $ which ruby: /Users/battursanchin/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.8.7-p330/bin/ruby
        > alias in ~/.profile: 'vim'='/Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim'

        I can't help you with this problem, but it should be possible to work
        around by building your own MacVim binary. Simply follow the build
        instructions here:

        https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Building